MedWish International (MedWish) is committed to respecting the privacy of those individuals who visit and interact with https://medwish.org (Website). We value their trust in our organization and recognize that maintaining that trust requires us to be transparent and accountable in preserving the confidentiality of donors’ personal information. This privacy statement applies to the collection of any information obtained through this Website and websites owned or managed by MedWish International, or any other offline sources. This includes, but is not limited to MedWish International’s Volunteer Portal at https://medwish.galaxydigital.com.
You may visit MedWish International’s Website without submitting data that identifies you personally. However, we will sometimes ask you to provide personal data for certain interactions, including, but not limited to, registering to volunteer or signing up for a newsletter. This data varies depending on the interaction, but may include the following:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number, email address
- Payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information (this applies if you wish to make a donation online - MedWish International does not store card numbers)
- Birthdays, children’s names, educational institutions
- Information concerning how you heard about MedWish International
- Information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions
- Your contact preferences
MedWish International does not sell, trade, or rent the names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, or any other information obtained of those individuals who visit and interact with the Website and/or websites owned or managed by MedWish International.
Federal non-profit organization income tax returns may require your information unless you designate your donation as “anonymous” or otherwise instruct us in writing that you do not wish to be identified.
USES OF INFORMATION OBTAINED
- MedWish International uses your information to provide you with better service and continually improve your experience on the Website. Should you choose to make a gift to MedWish, information will be used to complete a gift and communicate in the way and with the frequency the donor desires.
- Credit card numbers are used only for donation processing and are not retained for other purposes. Card information will be retained only as long as necessary to complete the donation
- To establish a relationship and to communicate with members of MedWish International’s community of donors, volunteers, etc.
- To understand who our donors are and how we may improve our services to meet their preferences and expectations
- To issue and deliver a donation tax receipt
- To distribute a designated donation in the manner chosen by the donor
- To properly recognize contributions
- To respond to requests for information
- To meet requirements imposed by law
- To manage and promote the philanthropic activities of MedWish International
MedWish International protects personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held.
Online donation services and our donor database are provided by outside vendors. All collected information is encrypted using SSL, an industry-standard secure technology. This encryption is designed to prevent theft or interception of information provided.
MedWish International limits access to the donor/volunteer database information on a “need-to-know” basis, requires password access to the database, and shreds all paper documents with personal information.
MedWish International encourages our donors and volunteers to let us know the types of information they want to receive and the frequency with which they receive it. We will follow your requests as it is another way we can provide you with the very best experience with the organization.
Please contact us if you wish to be added or removed from mailings and/or emails.
Last updated: February 27, 2023